05 February 2001

anthrocarts and arbor networks goes live

img_0688.jpg img_0689.jpg img_0690.jpg img_0691.jpg
img_0692.jpg img_0693.jpg  

Today was an extremely busy day. Over the course of the last week we've been busy trying to put our office together, and as of yesterday we finally had things under control. Then today, at 10:40, a truck pulled up at our building to deliver our new desks. The actual shipment was foo-barred, we only received 39 of the 42 boxes we were expecting, but we received all the important bits. Matt and I were most excited about the anthrocarts and starting assembling them as soon as we were done carrying the boxes upstairs. Later, dirt and then aidan joined in the fun. Dirt was by far the most handy and finished his desk well before the other three of us. Eventually, 2 hours later, we had four desks finished and rolling (castors! yay!), but we still had 6 left to assemble, and a huge party in the office only 4 hours away.

We took a clue from the motor city and set up an assembly line. Dirt laid out the 6 desks and their bits and we each worked down the row performing one task on a desk before moving on to the next. We also did some optimization to make sure that the two electric drills were in constant use. After we conquered the desks dirt and I tested out the claims of sturdiness made by anthro. They held us quite firmly, very impressive.

After arranging the desks and moving personal stuff out from the soon-to-be conference room to the nice new rolly desk, we had to prepare for the party. Matt's station wagon performed hauling duties, picking up beverages and the catering. Jenn decorated basically made sure everything was running smoothly and before I knew what was going on a boat-load of people showed up in the new Arbor Networks offices.

The little ones at the gathering liked the eye-patches as much as we did and it wasn't long before we had them all yelling "YAR!" as they ran to and fro.

  img_0694.jpg img_0696.jpg
img_0698.jpg img_0699.jpg img_0700.jpg img_0701.jpg
img_0702.jpg img_0703.jpg img_0704.jpg img_0705.jpg
img_0708.jpg img_0709.jpg  

Since this was our big media/pr release party, we were supposed to have a party going on in the Waltham, MA, office as well. Unfortunately winter had different plans and the MA office abandoned ship and got home before the foot of snow came down blizzard-style. The wonders of telcom technology were harnessed and many of the Bostoners joined us via a conference call and intercom. Farnam said a few words, as did the Dean from engineering, then Ted and Karl from Boston. It was strange to have 60 people huddled around a phone.

  img_0710.jpg img_0711.jpg
img_0712.jpg img_0713.jpg img_0714.jpg img_0715.jpg
img_0717.jpg img_0719.jpg img_0720.jpg  

After the party died down and adult supervision had left the building, there was rolling monkey mischief to be had.

img_0723.jpg img_0726.jpg img_0728.jpg img_0729.jpg
img_0730.jpg img_0732.jpg img_0733.jpg img_0734.jpg
img_0737.jpg img_0738.jpg img_0739.jpg img_0740.jpg
img_0741.jpg img_0742.jpg img_0743.jpg img_0746.jpg
img_0747.jpg img_0748.jpg img_0749.jpg img_0750.jpg