Subject: Barclayes Bank - Update (Action required)

From: Barclays Bank <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 16:14:17 +0100

Important Notice: Oct. 20, 2005

Dear Sir/Madam,

Barclays Bank PLC. always looks forward for the
high security of our clients. Some customers have been receiving an email
claiming to be from Barclays advising them to follow a link to what appear
to be a Barclays web site, where they are prompted
to enter their personal Online Banking details. Barclays is in no way
involved with this email and the web site does not belong to us.

Barclays
is proud to announce about their new updated secure system. We updated our
new SSL servers to give our customers a better, fast and secure online
banking service.

Due to the recent update of the servers, you are requested to please update
your account info at the following link.

http://www.barclays.co.uk/cgi-bin/accountupdate/1,00,102.html

J. S.
Smith

Security Advisor

Barclays Bank PLC.

Please do not
reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered.

For assistance, log in to your Barclays Online Bank account and choose the
"Help" link on any page.

Barclays Email ID # 1009