Window management, reloaded.
cwm is a window manager for X11 initially inspired by evilwm. It developed out of modifications to evilwm, but eventually the code base of evilwm did not accomodate well for the new features added. So cwm was written from scratch.
cwm has several novel features, including the ability to search for windows. it features a very simple and attractive aesthetic.
A full screenshot can be found here.
- cwm release three (2005-08-28) New features, Xft support. See README for details.
- cwm release two (2005-07-07) Many new features, search improvements. See README for details.
- cwm release one (2005-06-11) Lots of bugfixes. First release.
- calmwm 0.95 (2004-08-23) Lots of bugfixes. Searching for applications with C-/.
- calmwm 0.92 (2004-08-17) Lots of bugfixes.
- calmwm 0.91 (2004-08-12) Fixes broken compile in Linux; thanks Martin Murray for fixing it.
- calmwm 0.9 (2004-08-12) Tons of bug fixes and new features. Better group behavior.
- calmwm 0.85 (2004-07-28) Lots of bug fixes. Initial window placement.
- calmwm 0.8 (2004-07-13) Lots of bug fixes. Better cycle behavior.
- calmwm 0.7 (2004-07-10) Initial release Note that this is a beta release.
But I already have a perfectly good window manager…
Antti Nyknen has a number of patches available.
Copyright (c) 2007 Marius Aamodt Eriksen <email@example.com>