me, 2.0: jose nazario
beauty and the street
here are the things i did to install sophos' mail monitor 1.2.2 on
FreeBSD 4.10 with Linux compatability last night. these are
meant to be used in conjunction with the original install instructions:
freebsd and sophos' mail monitor
sources: [firstname.lastname@example.org: sophos anti virus and freebsd],
Scott. his error was not having libsavi.so.2 in the /compat/linux/usr/lib
- install FreeBSD 4.10, and at install time install Linux compatability
- install SAV for Linux/Intel ELF and glibc2/libc6.
- install MMSMTP for Linux/Intel
- copy libsavi.so.3.2.07.064 from /usr/local/lib to /compat/linux/usr/lib,
and create a link from libsavi.so.3 and libsavi.so.2 to
libsavi.so.3.2.07.064 in this directory.
- verify this works by using ldd on mmsmtpd.out, you should see all
- configure postfix (see below) and mmsmtpd (see below). in a
nutshell, tell mmsmtpd to use the local content_filter from postfix
and to accept mail on port 2500. that's it.
Serban Mihai and the message he was responding to.
thanks to everyone who posts help that gets archived, other use it
too. thanks to others for showing that freebsd works with mmsmtpd's
linux binary. untested: other versions of sophos, freebsd (especially
5.x), etc ..
my loathing of linux lets me use a linux binary on an OS i like, BSD.
and for the record, this didn't work with OpenBSD's linux compatability
layer (in OpeNBSD 3.5). bummer ...
to do: generate regularily updating IDE files ...
Last modified: Friday, Jul 02, 2004 @ 09:24pm
copyright © 2002-2005 jose nazario, all rights reserved.