- Gathering user needs and incorporating requirements into system design and feature prioritization.
- Designing interaction flows for web applications and new features.
- Developing brand identity and maintaining a consistent visual design and voice through-out an application.
- Incorporating user-centered design methodologies where appropriate, including heuristic analyses, persona creation, iterative design, and usability testing.
- Maintaining team schedules and tasks.
- Managing group and client expectations ensuring on-time and on-target delivery.
- Expert in (X)HTML/CSS, including W3C validation and cross browser-compatibility.
Grockit, Inc. : User Experience Designer
May 2009 - June 2010
- Worked closely with marketing and management to implement brand identity consistently through visual design, iconography, and illustration.
- Iteratively designed features based on user feedback, user tests, surveys, and site metrics.
Metaweb Technologies : User Experience Designer
September 2005 - February 2009
- Designed rich interactive web application features using a variety of specification tools, such as user flows, walk-throughs and prototypes.
- Worked closely with development team to determine priorities and feasibility of implementation.
dehfne digital : Principal
October 2003 - Present
- Gathered requirements for design and implementation of new information systems, including intranets, a document imaging system, and knowledge sharing tools.
- Developed and maintained overall website visual design using CSS, content management systems, and templating.
- Designed application interactions using user-centered design methodologies.
- Supplied interface design mock-ups to development team.
- Coded applications and dynamic websites.
Center for Built Environment : Graduate Student Researcher
January - August 2003
- Kept group on schedule, managed group and client expectations and organized project documentation.
- Scheduled and participated in needs assessment interviews and user tests of four iterations of interface design.
- Developed and tested paper and interactive prototypes of application interface.
University of California, Berkeley : Graduate Student Instructor
August - December 2002
Metropolitan Transportation Commission : Web Designer (Intern)
May - August 2002
- Managed website redesign based on heuristic and task analyses, user test and organizational needs and constraints.
Gap Inc : Research Specialist
October 1999 - August 2001
- Designed and maintained large database of anecdotal information to assist in development of communication strategy.
- Provided tracking and analysis of social responsibility issues affecting the company.
- Assisted in design of corporate website content.
Grockit.com : Package Purchase Flow
- Worked closely with Marketing executives to refine product packages and designed flows to clearly communicate user options for purchase and upgrade.
Freebase.com : Data-input Components
- Designed and refined a series of components to assist the user in inputting the correct data type; such as flexible dates, units of measurement, text, or a link to another item previously entered into the system.
Freebase.com : Visualization Builder
- Designed robust tool for exploring large datasets and creating visualizations that can be saved and shared with other users.
Freebase.com : Help Center
- Worked closely with Community Team on information design to improve usability of documentation and forums.
Interwoven : LiveSite Solutions
- Designed sample websites to be included in product, including visual design, XHTML mockup and content contributor interface.
Alameda County Social Services Agency : WebFiles System
- Gathered system requirements, built taxonomy, and worked with Agency and staff and application vendor to implement system.
Alameda County : WIC Program Guide
- Created staff website, performed task analysis and paper prototype testing, developed site to be updated by business users using Macromedia Dreamweaver templates with Contribute.
University of California, Berkeley : School of Information
Masters of Information Management & Systems : May 2003
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Bachelors of General Studies, emphasis in psychology and business : April 1997