The Lost Night
Back to 05 April 2002
So the night went something like this (for clarity's sake, I've left out most of the drinking,
assume most of us were drinking during all of these steps):
- Group gathers at the hotel, group drinks in preparation for adventures ahead
- Cab ride out to Bourbon Street.
- Walk down to Embers: steak-house-with-a-view.
- Eric gets verbally bitch-slapped by the hostess as he attempts to procure excellent seating
for our large party.
- Excellent seating with a view of the Cats Meow and its active crowd are acquired.
- Eat, Drink, get extremely Merry.
- PhD holders are harassed for talking too much and not Drinking enough.
- Beads are possibly earned.
- Tab of $493 presented and paid. (31 long island ice teas listed, I'm certain there were more)
- Group splits, I head out with group in search of dancing.
- Poor approximations of dancing occurs in a _really_ lame club called Opulence.
- Groups re-unite, the weak head home.
- Larry Flynt's club visited, sorry, no pictures.
- Head to Cats Meow for Karoeke insanity.
- I fall all over an unnamed young woman in our party--you know who you are--during a poorly
executed dance move. I'm really sorry. Do they make a halmark for that?
- We eventually leave and meander towards Cafe du Monde.
- Beignets and hot chocolate for all, though after getting powered sugar all over me
I gave up.
- Some how, eventually, we return to the hotel in time for the sun to rise.