[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Patch:] restore the native use of isdigit() instead of ap_isdigit() in httpd.
- To: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: [Patch:] restore the native use of isdigit() instead of ap_isdigit() in httpd.
- From: joerg_(_at_)_britannica_(_dot_)_bec_(_dot_)_de
- Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 21:50:11 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 02:44:19PM -0500, Daniel Ouellet wrote:
> What I did is to check how it was process by the macro in the
> __CTYPE_INLINE int isdigit(int c)
> return (c == -1 ? 0 : ((_ctype_ + 1)[(unsigned char)c] & _N));
The important point is that isdigit should not be called with an argment
of type char. As I said, it works on OpenBSD. It does not work on other
systems. isdigit is a documented interface, so it should be used
correctly, since someone might want to use it on a different system