app layer proxy

I just started thinking about an application layer proxy (at least
for HTTP and SMTP) that can filter commands and can act as (HTTP)
reverse proxy. I just want to make sure that the developers are
not already working on such a project.

Is there any chance to bring it into the src after finishing?
Is somebody interested in helping me? (e.g. sending some possibly
features || helping to programm such a big project).

regards
steffen

--
cdp.doomed-reality.org

Phantasie ist wichtiger als Wissen, denn Wissen ist begrenzt.
                                                  -- Einstein