Re: [Patch] virtual consoles switching disabling

Hello!

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 03:17:09PM -0000, Andrew Smith wrote:
>It depends on your target for the IOCTL usage.

>If you want to lock screens on screensaver so that the vt can't be changed
>then you need to probably support an IOCTL since it is probable that the
>screensaver will run with insufficient privilege to sysctl.

>I know xscreensaver is setuid root normally but it does drop its privilege.

I don't think that's a problem. Non-root shouldn't be able to disable
console switching anyway (can you pronounce "DoS"?).

Frankly I see not much sense in this whole thing at all. Root can
disable logins, and besides that, why shouldn't authorized users be able
to login?

>[...]

Kind regards,

Hannah.