Re: Educate users the proper ways from the beginning.

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 08:50:07AM +0200, Han Boetes wrote:
> This patch changes the instalation so that an initial user account
> is created during the install which has the permission to use sudo.
>
> Advantages:
>
>  - Users get educated from the beginning about safe
>    systemadministration.
>  - No remote ssh login to the rootaccount is required anymore.
>
> Disadvantages:
>
>  - People will moan at the least.

Not exactly what you're looking for, but for people who want to do
things like this, the siteXX.tgz tarball can already handle these types
of localized changes.

  http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq4.html#site

It's a wonderful tool that can allow you to be very creative.  Not only
does my local siteXX file contain configuration changes, it contains
pre-installed packages and updated versions of binaries from the -stable
branch.  Before a new installation is booted live for the first time, it
already contains fixes for the errata.

The downside is that it may require a bit of maintainence to keep the
tarball up to date (depending on what you include in it).

Visit your host, monkey.org