Re: ral(4) and PCI 2.x

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 06:58:47PM +1000, Jonathan Gray wrote:
| > Of course the machine I intend to put it in is an older box that
| > definitely does not have PCI 2.2. So I decided to test in the first
| > machine I had easy access to (that didn't have PCI2.2). Turns out it
| > works perfectly :
|
| A Pentium III class machine is reasonably recent.  You don't mention
| what motherboard you are running on which is probably the most
| important point...
|
| I suspect your board supports PCI 2.2 or at least the needed parts
| of a early version of the specification.

Good point. I will dig up an even older (P1) box and try it there.

I (mistakenly) figured that "pcibios0 at bios0: rev 2.1" means just
that .. PCI revision 2.1, no more no less.

Thanks, I'll try a bit more tonight and report back.

Cheers,

Paul 'WEiRD' de Weerd

                 http://www.weirdnet.nl/

Visit your host, monkey.org