[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Relax dhclient hostname checks
- To: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Relax dhclient hostname checks
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsdtech_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 15:11:31 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
* Cedric Berger <cedric_(_at_)_berger_(_dot_)_to> [2005-03-29 15:08]:
> Michael Knudsen wrote:
> >Note that apart from permitting underscores, the diff also attempts to
> >improve readability of the code.
> >+#define hyphenchar(c) ((c) == '-')
> >+#define uscorechar(c) ((c) == '_')
> >+#define bslashchar(c) ((c) == '\\')
> >+#define periodchar(c) ((c) == '.')
> >+#define asterchar(c) ((c) == '*')
> I think that, if you want to improve readability,
> you should kill this useless macro soup entirely.
but... one thing at a time :)
Michael, perhaps it would be cleverer to restrict the diff to the pure
_ allowance for now
BS Web Services, http://www.bsws.de/
OpenBSD-based Webhosting, Mail Services, Managed Servers, ...
Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity.
Visit your host, monkey.org