[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
What is altgr in keymap?
- To: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: What is altgr in keymap?
- From: Arnaud Bergeron <abergeron_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:36:58 -0500
- Reply-to: Arnaud Bergeron <abergeron_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 07:28:14 +0000, Peter Galbavy
> Arnaud Bergeron wrote:
> >In my efforts to wrote a canadian-french keymap, I stumbled upon a
> >problem. I cannot type characters that are listed under altgr (using
> >the alt key in combinason with the desired key).
> >Is the altgr key something else?
> ALTGR should be the right hand ALT key on those bits of hardware that
> have it. On a i386 PC keyboard it is labelled "Alt Gr". This is not the
> left hand ALT key. Or are you already using this key ?
I have already tried both the right and left alt keys, in different
keymaps and I don't get any output aside from an occasional system
beep (from the PC speaker).