Re: sk0: no PHY found!

thanks to all that chimed in on this one, however i seem to have
solved the issue - apparently not an OS issue.

for the archives, for i've seen a few posts about this on various
lists....my "system" (mostly barebones) came in and since the bios
date was listed as jan/05, and no later bios existed on asus'
website, i continued on, none the wiser. until i noticed that mark
had 1009 (dec/04) and his mb was working. so i thought, i'd downgrade
the bios; come to realize that the bios that was shipped with my
mb was not really a valid asus one - my oem replaced it with who
only knows...(oddly enough, 1 week after i order/receive the box
that company is no longer in business - figures). ripping the crap
bios off and putting a real asus one was a challenge, but after all
is said and done, sk(4) works. no real changes to the default bios
settings needed were needed to specificly make sk(4) work.

lesson learned.

anyway, thanks again.

okan

--
Okan Demirmen <okan_(_at_)_demirmen_(_dot_)_com>
PGP-Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xB3670934