[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: tar and trailing slash for dirnames.
- To: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: tar and trailing slash for dirnames.
- From: Han Boetes <han_(_at_)_mijncomputer_(_dot_)_nl>
- Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 23:06:05 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Andreas Kahari wrote:
> Han Boetes <han_(_at_)_mijncomputer_(_dot_)_nl> wrote:
> > So it is done on purpose. But it is incompatible with gtar.
> > And I just happen to run into a situation where this behaviour
> > is required, so I would like to request the change of this
> > behaviour. Or perhaps somebody can enlighten me why this is
> > the prefered behaviour.
> Do you have something that has to parse the output of "tar tf"
> and figure out if something is a directory or not? Can't you, in
> that case, just add a "v" to the options and test for a "d" in
> the first position of the resulting line?
Err no it's not a shellscript. It's a piece of C++ code. A simple
packagemanager to be precise. I slowly got rid of all dependencies,
except for gtar. Nothing important of course.