/usr/bin/listusers

For ease and compatibility with the various flavors of Unix I administer at work I wrote this code.

It is basically a work alike to the SYSV command of the same name, with no arguments it lists all users in a sorted list showing username and gecos field. the two options are [ -l users ] to list specific users, and or [ -g groups ] to list all users in the given group(s). Users IDs are defined as ID's with a uid greater than 99.

We have a lot of scripts that made use of this command on Solaris and HP-UX, and I couldn't find a similar command in the BSD world.

It is under a BSD style license.

Code is at:
http://homepage.mac.com/gagnocg/downloads/listusers.zip

Included files are: