[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Prism 2.5 HostAP + WEP not working....
- To: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Prism 2.5 HostAP + WEP not working....
- From: Alexandre Anriot <aanriot_(_at_)_atlantilde_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 22:14:52 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
> Once I enable wep either by command line or editing /etc/hostname.wi0
> and adding -e 1 -k passs
> The WiFi client can still connect to the access point after
> reconfiguring for WEP, but no IP traffic is passed.
> running brconfig bridge0 shows the MAC address of the laptop clients
> wifi card, and the wired ethernet clients.
> So my question is: does the wi driver support WEP in HostAP mode?
-k allows you to set a key, not select it. You should use -v to select
one of the four pre-existing keys, or -T and -k to use your proper keys.
By the way, IPsec is better ;)