stuff to do: fix libtool

The libtool(s) we have in the ports tree don't do things right for us.

If (say) you use gcc -L/usr/local/lib, and you link with
.libs/libfoo.la, then libtool will arrange stuff so that you get

gcc -L/usr/local/lib -L.libs -lfoo

The issue is that, if there is a libfoo under /usr/local/lib, you link
with THAT one instead of the one you've just built.

It should be possible to teach libtool that, when it sees .libs/libfoo.la
on a link line, the -L.libs option should migrate up in front of
-L/usr/local/lib.

I know I can do it, I just don't have the time to dive into libtool again,
and frankly, I'm a bit tired.

If someone feels like tackling a huge pile of rotting shell, find out what
needs to be changed, and produce a small patch, that would be VERY nice.

Visit your host, monkey.org