[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: ntpd logging
- To: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: ntpd logging
- From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg_(_at_)_britannica_(_dot_)_bec_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 18:01:41 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 10:56:58AM -0500, Michael Shalayeff wrote:
> > * Michael Shalayeff <mickey_(_at_)_lucifier_(_dot_)_net> [2004-12-06 16:29]:
> > > re
> > > i do not think it makes much sense reporting time adjustments <1sec
> > > that only pollutes the log file and not really useful.
Well, I would be a bit more conservative here. 1 sec is IMO quite a drift.
If I read the ntp.org's ntp_loopfilter.c correctly, it doesn't warn
for deltas smaller 0.128 sec, which seems more resonable.