Re: Fw: Repeatable hard hang on OpenBSD3.6 MP?

On Fri, Nov 26, 2004 at 09:29:52AM +0100, Otto Moerbeek wrote:
> We are aware of the problem, and working on it. It seems that there is a
> job control and/or pty related problem on MP. The nasty thing is that it
> seems the hang happen while even timer interrupts are not received, making
> it impossible to break into ddb.
>
> 	-Otto

I think this hits us too. I recall our dual AMD64 locking up hard at
almost the same instance I backgrounded a grep process. We've had
other hard lockups but had no way of determining any coincidence (and
we can't get to ddb, like you said). We assumed it was connected with
other hardware problems we have since solved.

I would be happy to test any diffs. I hate having to go into the server
centre to reset our box.