Heads Up: X.Org R6.8.1 imported in XF4

Hi,

I've imported the X.Org release 6.8.1 in XF4. This has some user visible changes. For a complete list of changes, check the XF4/xc/RELNOTES file. Most notable changes are:

- renaming of /usr/X11R6/bin/XFree86 to /usr/X11R6/bin/Xorg and /etc/X11/XF86Config to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.
- switched the keyboard driver from the legacy 'keyboard' driver to a XInput module 'kbd'.
- removed the XTT server side font rendering module.
- new XFixes, Composite, Damage and XEvIE extensions, disabled by default. (They can be enabled using the new 'Extension' section in xorg.conf(5)). These extensions will allow applications to get transparency and drop shadows.
- updated Freetype from 2.1.4 to 2.1.8. This version has some incompatibilites with previous versions that may break some ports.
- updated Xprint server and support for Xprint in some sample applications.

I recommend that you move away your existing /etc/X11 and /usr/X11R6 directories before installing the new X.Org sets.

There are probably some remaining problems. Please report them to me, or file a PR.
--
Matthieu

Visit your host, monkey.org