[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Problems with carp le and vmware
- To: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Problems with carp le and vmware
- From: Manon Goo <manon_(_at_)_manon_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 03:16:55 +0200
- Reply-to: Manon Goo <manon_(_at_)_manon_(_dot_)_de>
It looks like this is a bug in vmware ESX.
One has to set all underlying networking drivers to Allow promisous.
And then the problem seams to vanish.
--On Donnerstag, 27. Mai 2004 22:53 Uhr +0200 Manon Goo <manon_(_at_)_manon_(_dot_)_de>
I am trying to setup a openbsd machine under vmware sing carp.
As soon as I bring up the Carp interface the mac addresse handling is
becoming extreamly unreliable.
1.) I stop all arp traffic via tcpdump but all other machines see it
2.) The machine stops to answer with "ARP REPLYS" when either the
Carp address or the LE(4) address is queried.
3.) when I add static mac addresses on the other machines everything