from where ipintr is called?

Hello,

Can anyone help me to understand how interrupts are handled for PCI ether card?  I find ipintr() is called to handle incoming IP packets from the PCI ether card on my machine.  However, when I traced in the code, I found ipintr is called from DONETISR which is invoked in arch/i386/isa/icu.c.

So my question is why functions defined in isa (supposed written for ISA cards) are used for PCI devices?

Thanks for the help!
Joe
Yahoo! Search - Find what you?re looking for faster.

Visit your host, monkey.org