[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: sets lists
- From: Ed White <ed_(_at_)_overminder_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 19:45:26 +0100
- Reply-to: ed_(_at_)_overminder_(_dot_)_com
I'm working to strip a basic OpenBSD install to fit a 32Mb Compact Flash.
I've started with few things: bsd + etc + base.
Browsing the system I've found a lot of strange software that I would not
consider "necessary for the sistem to run".
I think it's probable that who install only base+etc would run the box as
gateway/firewall and so why should he find tool like "mkhybrid" ?
Maybe someone should review sets lists to get at least 2 objectives:
1) reduce minimal (base+etc) install footprint.
2) move everything is not updated during -stable period to "etc".
This include TimeZones and other things...
If my work would be appreciated (and commited) I could prepare and post some