Re: RFC#16 - /etc/rc

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 12:29:25AM +0100, Dries Schellekens wrote:
> The only thing usefull that came out if this discussion is the suggestion
> to add example of using mfs for your /tmp partition, either commented out
> in fstab or in the FAQ.

I've sent my first reply to the original poster of this proposal only.
Here it is for the list now:

There's no need to pollute the default fstab with any unnecessary lines.
Besides fstab is created during install depending on the partitioning
scheme a user chooses (see /usr/src/distrib/miniroot/install.sh, lines
264-318).  So, the comments would have to be part of the script on the
boot disk, where every byte is important.

Hence, only FAQ is an acceptable option.  But I think this thread has
documented it already. :-)

Regards,
--
Zvezdan Petkovic <zvezdan_(_at_)_cs_(_dot_)_wm_(_dot_)_edu>
http://www.cs.wm.edu/~zvezdan/