Re: OBSD ready for eiser4?

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 07:51:40PM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Dixitur illum caefer_(_at_)_krachstoff_(_dot_)_net scribere...
> >I read about the upcomming reiserfs 4 and everything sounds so great
> >(and so reasonable as well).\
> >but waht I really want to know is if it is planned to fully support
> >it?
> I've already asked Hans Reiser personally about that, like two or
> three years ago.
> He responded, he won't ever support any BSD operating system.

I had a long conversation with him at linuxtag. he makes his living of
selling commercial licenses for reiserfs. thus, making it bsd
licensed, he kills his income - at least, that is his perspective.
he'd like to see reiserfs in *BSD, but doesn't want to bsd license -
that's an unsolvable conflict.

and then, I don't care too much. we have ffs, which, IMHO, does not
have to fear any comparision.

the conversation with him was very interesting nontheless, he's a very
nice guy.

--
http://2suck.net/hhwl.html - http://www.bsws.de/
(Dennis Ritchie)