[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Making Apache use kqueue
- To: "Pedro Martelletto" <pedro_(_at_)_sna_(_dot_)_cx>, <tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org>
- Subject: Re: Making Apache use kqueue
- From: "Barry Scott" <bscott_(_at_)_ridgewaysystems_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 12:38:09 +0100
- Thread-index: AcONLsBweWywIx47TM2ntZ71u5AtGwBKqmOg
- Thread-topic: Making Apache use kqueue
We experimented with kqueue on OpenBSD 3.2 for a UDP protocol and
found that performance was worse then select. You will need to
benchmark to be sure that kqueue gives you an improvement.
From: Pedro Martelletto [mailto:pedro_(_at_)_sna_(_dot_)_cx]
Sent: 08 October 2003 00:53
Subject: Making Apache use kqueue
In an effort to make Apache use the kqueue mechanism, I've started to
write an ap_select() replacement which uses kqueue. You can download it
To which extent such a change would affect Apache's performance, I
currently do not know - That's why I'm making this post. If at all
possible, I would like people to comment, test, speak.
Feedback will be very much appreciated.
Visit your host, monkey.org