[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Potential issue with Linux emulation?
- To: <tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org>
- Subject: Re: Potential issue with Linux emulation?
- From: "Pierre-Yves Dampure" <pierre-yves_(_dot_)_dampure_(_at_)_westmarsh_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 21:18:37 +0100
- Organization: Westmarsh Consulting Ltd
FWIW, the same problem exists with the latest available i386 snapshot
(2003/08/21), off-the-shelf install...
From: owner-tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org [mailto:owner-tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org] On Behalf Of
Sent: 23 August 2003 15:01
To: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org; ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Subject: Potential issue with Linux emulation?
Running -current , world built using sources cvs'd yesterday evening,
GENERIC kernel, i386 platform, default compiler optimisation flags.
Attempts to install the Red Hat emulation ports result in the RTC going back
to the start of the epoch. This was narrowed down to the chrooted execution
of the Red Hat /sbin/ldconfig in the fake install environment (see
Makefile), but I don't know where to investigate after this.
The problem is reproducible at will, but I'd like to know if someone can
confirm my observations.