Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 16:05:52 +0200 (MEST)
From: Juergen Keil <jk_(_at_)_tools_(_dot_)_de>
To: merkurie_(_at_)_m-net_(_dot_)_arbornet_(_dot_)_org
Subject: Re: audioi810 & Solaris 9

Marc,

> > Hi, I don't know if you remember me or not, but I was the person in the
> > solarisonintel Yahoo Group that had a problem with the sound going to
> > fast. We chatted back and fourth a few times, and finally you figured it
> > out. Well, I am trying OpenBSD out with this same system for the first
> > time. It also has the same problem, I was wondering if you could tell me
> > what it was you did so I can post to a OpenBSD mailing list.
> > Thank you for your time.
>
> I think it was this patch (for the linux alsa sound drivers) ...
>
>   http://www.alsa-project.org/archive/alsa-user/msg08787.html
>
> ... that tried to solve exactly the same problem. I've adapted the
> patch to my audio drivers and replaced the hardcoded 'magic' value
> 41194 with a user configurable parameter.
>
> It seems the latest linux alsa drivers are now trying to measure the
> AC'97 codec clock rate.

Btw, apparently NetBSD does the same:

http://www.de.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/pci/auich.c?rev=1.36&cvsroo
t=netbsd

See the auich_calibrate() function at the end of the auich.c file.

--
Jürgen Keil          		jk_(_at_)_tools_(_dot_)_de
Tools GmbH			+49 (228) 9858011

Visit your host, monkey.org