Re: Using OpenBSD 3.2 as a router with Zebra Routing software

On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 11:20:23PM -0800, Edward W. Ray wrote:
> I was planning was to use the Zebra Routing Software
> (http://www.zebra.org/).  Has anyone had any experience, good or bad, using
> this software with OpenBSD?  I am more familiar with Zebra, and site syas
> they do support the OpenBSD Platform.  If there is another package that
> works better with OpenBSD, I would like to hear about it.

zebra's bgpd runs fine on OpenBSD. running quite a few fulls mesh bgp
sessions with it here.
zebra's ospfd is a bug collection.

and the configuration process is fucked, you have to compile zebra on the
target system. if you change the kernel, well, really, change the network
interface config like leaving ppp and stuff out, zebra is totally confused
and needs to be recompiled on that kernel.

--
http://2suck.net/hhwl.html
(Dennis Ritchie)

Visit your host, monkey.org