OpenBSD as corporate firewall

Hello,

I know I've seen the answer to my question before but I cannot find it documented anywhere. Here goes...

Can OpenBSD handle a corporate network with approx. 1000 users? I don't know off hand how many active out going connections there would be concurrently. What is the max number of out going connections it could handle? There will also be some incoming traffic to various webservers.

I know it depends on the hardware,  here is what I had spec'd out.

Xeon 2.0 ghz
1Gb RAM
mirrored 18Gg 10K rpm scsi drives

Thanks,

I apologize if this is the wrong list to ask about this issue.