rfc1323 tcp timestamping and window scaling

While kludging through and tweaking various sysctl options i came across
rfc1323 which controls both tcp timestamps and window scaling. The problem
is while on linux I can control the scaling and the timestamps separately,
on obsd 3.2 I can only turn both on or off. Also, when turning off tcp
timestamping it renders nmap fingerprinting on my system to be incorrect,
which I consider a plus. Also, there are conflicting articles saying
window scaling is useful v. only useful in high latency environments.

So in Summary
1) IS there a way to have timestamps off and window scaling on
2) Do I even want window scaling or does it hurt performance

Visit your host, monkey.org