[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
bufq and NEW_BUFQ_STRATEGY
- To: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: bufq and NEW_BUFQ_STRATEGY
- From: Ted Unangst <tedu_(_at_)_Stanford_(_dot_)_EDU>
- Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 10:57:29 -0800 (PST)
NetBSD recently reworked their disk buffer system. They then added a new
strategy option which improves the response time of the system by giving
more priority to reads. I ported it to OpenBSD. It works quite well.
Compiling without the new strategy should be equivalent to the current
system, just with the code moved around. The new option makes things a
tiny bit slower, but improves "feel".
"I am clearly more popular than Reagan. I am in my third term.
Where's Reagan? Gone after two! Defeated by George Bush and
Michael Dukakis no less."
- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC
Visit your host, monkey.org