Re: mysql with pth does not work on 3.1

On Tue, 20 Aug 2002 19:15:48 +0400
Dmitry Dorofeev <dima_(_at_)_yasp_(_dot_)_com> wrote:

> Nick Nauwelaerts wrote:
> >
> > You did not mention which arch are you are running.
>
> i386

-stable or -current, and ofcourse, did you try with the other version,
whatever it might be?

> > running the ports version of mysql or are you compiling your own? If
> > you are compiling your own, then why? The ports version uses native
> > threads support, which should solve this problem and give you a huge
> > performance gain to boost, without needing to resort to GNU threads.
> > Move this thread to ports@, where it belongs.
>
> I already discussing it on ports,
> reported that native threads are not stable and
> provided many backtraces from crashed mysqld (compiled from ports)

Could you send me some in a private email? Not the coredumps, but the
traces.

> I have small patch from brad (mantainer of the mysql port), but it
> does not help.
> As I see it is not quick to fix native threads, i tried
> to have kinda -pth flavor of mysql. And you see, that it is also
> not working.
> At least for me.

Most of OpenBSD's native threads come from FreeBSD, they are being
synched all the time. Do you have the same problem on FreeBSD with the
same MySQL version? Anyway, threads should be in good shape on i386,
sparc & macppc.

(-> (User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; FreeBSD i386; en-US; rv:1.0.0) =
you're a FreeBSD user as well)

// nick