[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
DVD+RW and OpenBSD
- To: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: DVD+RW and OpenBSD
- From: "Maarten Hofman" <maarten_hofman_(_at_)_hotmail_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 14:24:10 +0200
Rochester, 13 augustus 2002.
I'm not sure if anyone is interested, but I ported/rewrote the DVD+RW tools
from Andy Polyakov (http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/) to OpenBSD
and tested them with my Philips DVD+RW player until they worked at least
with that drive. The result is at
* This is for DVD+RW, not for DVD-RW. It can also handle DVD+R. cdrecord
doesn't support DVD+RW, but you need it anyway to create the ISO9660
filesystem to write on the DVD+RW (or the DVD video file system).
* The booktype code is kept compatible with windows and linux.
* Currently it only supports drives with a LUN of 0, but I added
instructions on how to change this (untested, obviously).
* The original growisofs.c has a normal pwrite() implementation and a poor
man implementation (using SCSI commands). For some reason, the first time I
used it, it used the pwrite() implementation, indicating that there is some
kernel support for DVD+RW... However, it still needed the CLOSE
TRACK/SESSION. Also, when I tried it after that one time, it never worked
Please let me know what you think.
Meld je aan bij de grootste e-mailservice ter wereld met MSN Hotmail:
Visit your host, monkey.org