  [snip]
  This GDB was configured as "i386-unknown-openbsd3.1"...(no debugging symbols found)...
  Core was generated by `perl'.
  #0  0x401bc62b in ?? ()
  (gdb) bt
  #0  0x401bc62b in ?? ()
  #1  0x1dc4c in ?? ()
  #2  0x4006f9d0 in ?? ()
  Cannot access memory at address 0x400824ac.
  (gdb)

So I rebuild spam-assassin but  I  still  get  the  same.  A  few  other
programs I tried that use perl don't give errors.

This machine is a pII400 with 192mb memory.

It is not much... If there is anything else I can provide that can  help
please let me know.

Cya, Han.

Visit your host, monkey.org