Re: OpenBSD rootkit?

Jan-Uwe Finck <jufi_(_at_)_nerdnet_(_dot_)_de> spoke:
> On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 04:29:11PM +0700, Fyodor wrote:
> > > Yes, there are rootkits.
> > > I just don't get why machines are still compromised although we
> > > announce on every channel that there are patches.
> >
> > because you dudes claim "super-security" and give people fake sense of
> > safety.. not anymore, though, after a few amusing bugs went public.
>
> What was wrong with our claim ?

Software has bugs, this is a fact of life and we have to live with that.
Claiming having designed a piece of art, which doesn't have bugs, is a
misleading statement which hardly could be true. Still some newbie techies
get tricked by that "I want to be secure, that is why I choose XXX".
Microsoft is trying to play the similar game by the way :-)

> Do you have any unknown bugs to report which lead to remote compromise
> ?

Why do you think I should answer this question?

Visit your host, monkey.org