Re: OpenBSD rootkit?

Jan-Uwe Finck <jufi_(_at_)_nerdnet_(_dot_)_de> spoke:
> > Have anyone seen this before?
>
> Sure, there are even reports of OpenBSD honeypots who caught some
> stupid script kiddies.

Yes, there were. But the systems were 0wn3d through httpd bug, not open ssh.
I haven't seen anyone yet (except for this post) mentioning publically being
own3d through ssh.

> Yes, there are rootkits.
> I just don't get why machines are still compromised although we
> announce on every channel that there are patches.

because you dudes claim "super-security" and give people fake sense of
safety.. not anymore, though, after a few amusing bugs went public.

-Fyodor

Visit your host, monkey.org