[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: OpenBSD rootkit?
- To: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: OpenBSD rootkit?
- From: Fyodor <fygrave_(_at_)_tigerteam_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 16:29:11 +0700
- Mail-followup-to: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Organisation: Nuclear Obsene Testers of Labazaki Somobaki Dlob. (http://www.notlsd.net)
Jan-Uwe Finck <jufi_(_at_)_nerdnet_(_dot_)_de> spoke:
> > Have anyone seen this before?
> Sure, there are even reports of OpenBSD honeypots who caught some
> stupid script kiddies.
Yes, there were. But the systems were 0wn3d through httpd bug, not open ssh.
I haven't seen anyone yet (except for this post) mentioning publically being
own3d through ssh.
> Yes, there are rootkits.
> I just don't get why machines are still compromised although we
> announce on every channel that there are patches.
because you dudes claim "super-security" and give people fake sense of
safety.. not anymore, though, after a few amusing bugs went public.