em instead of gx?

Hello,

FreeBSD has two drivers for the Intel PRO/1000 cards. gx, which isn't too
good according to my own experiences and em, which seems better in some
places (I got much better performance and stability).
em is written by pdeuskar_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org, and AFAIK he has access to the
docs, because he's an Intel employee.

If you see the FreeBSD CVS commitlogs, he just committed some stuff to
support VLANs and some other chips, not supported by the gx driver.

Are there any chances to have this driver in OpenBSD, instead of gx?

--------[ Free Software ISOs - ftp://ftp.fsn.hu/pub/CDROM-Images/ ]-------
Attila Nagy					e-mail: Attila_(_dot_)_Nagy_(_at_)_fsn_(_dot_)_hu
Free Software Network (FSN.HU)		  phone @work: +361 210 1415 (194)
						cell.: +3630 306 6758

Visit your host, monkey.org