Re: Blocking/Non-Blocking Sockets and Daemons

On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 03:54:16PM -0800, Randall Gellens wrote:

> I'm very confused.
>
> Why does this behave differently on OpenBSD than on Solaris or Linux?
>
> Why does fcntl() always show that O_NONBLOCK is not set, even when
> the file descriptor acts non-blocking?

I can confirm the behavior you describe, though I can't tell why this is
so, or what's wrong. It looks like the socket returned by the (async)
accept() call somehow inherits the non-blocking flag from the listening
socket, but fcntl() doesn't see it. I might miss something, but it looks
strange to me as well. I'll try to find out more about it.

Daniel

Visit your host, monkey.org