RE: Help needed

Wrap your publicly visible methods in extern "C" - just like you have to do
on Windows if you program a DLL in C++.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org [mailto:owner-tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org]On Behalf Of
Raghu Kookkal
Sent: 28 May 2001 02:40
To: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Cc: Jay Painter
Subject: Help needed

Hello ,
 I need a help ....
 Subject : Accseesing shared objects (throgh dlopen() ,dlsym()...) just like
LoadLibrary and GetProcAddress on Windows..

 I am able to call a method of a System library ( libc.so ,libm.so etc)
throgh dlopen() and dlsym() method
 But When I am creating my own .so file and calling method on that ...
 dlerror() is giving this error --- undefined symbol "method name".
 I am using g++ compiler for creating .so file.  ( if I use cc compiler it
is working perfectly
 Since I am working with C++ I need to use g++ compiler.. )

 Any body worked on this  ? Encountered these kind of problems...
 I need the answer urgently...

Or How can  I access  Static methods of a class through  dlsym() ... ( if I
can do this ...then I will be happy)
Please respond ASAP....
Thanks

Thanks in Advance

Raghu K Nair
Software Engineer
Celstream Technologies
Phone (off): 2225256 extn 4167
Phone (res): 6587579
mail : raghu_(_dot_)_kookkal_(_at_)_celstream_(_dot_)_com

Visit your host, monkey.org