[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: content-based firewalling
- To: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: content-based firewalling
- From: Toni Mueller <openbsd-tech_(_at_)_oeko_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 21:25:46 +0200
- Reply-to: openbsd-tech_(_at_)_oeko_(_dot_)_net
On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 01:22:02PM -0800, Jeff Nathan wrote:
> Er, correction: whether or not IPF will match packets....
> Jeff Nathan wrote:
> > If you're talking about whether or not IP will match packets
> > based upon their actual payload. The answer is _no_. This is
> > really outside of the scope of a pure firewall.
ugh. I think that this is what _distinguishes_ a firewall from a
mere packet-filtering device like a router. But this is both
very OT and prone to inflame holy wars...