[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: HELP! stable 2.7 hangs at irregular intervals
- To: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: HELP! stable 2.7 hangs at irregular intervals
- From: Martin <martin_(_at_)_mediax_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 08:30:47 -0800
Michael Samuel wrote:
On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 01:11:08PM +0200, Kagan Kongar wrote:
1. The hangs are not related to the NIC. 3c509, Etherexprespro, rtl8139,
rtl8129 were tested, nothing changed.
What about MII controllers? As far as I can tell, all of those cards
need MII drivers. (And I've read reports from de and dc driver users
3com and tulipclone needs MII drivers. On my home system, I removed all
of them except the exphy that my dc0 was using.
4. The hangs are triggered by a memory allocation routine from TCP/IP stack. No
Increasing NMBCLUSTERS didn't help for me..
My only real hang problems thus far have been pcvt or whatever related.
IE, the console freezes 'cause I have a box on a KVM. I'll have to think
about moving to current, to get wscons... How much of the tree do I have
to rebuild if I build a CURRENT kernel?
Visit your host, monkey.org