Re: HELP! stable 2.7 hangs at irregular intervals

Michael Samuel wrote:

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 01:11:08PM +0200, Kagan Kongar wrote:

1. The hangs are not related to the NIC. 3c509, Etherexprespro, rtl8139,
rtl8129 were tested, nothing changed.

What about MII controllers? As far as I can tell, all of those cards need MII drivers. (And I've read reports from de and dc driver users too)

3com and tulipclone needs MII drivers. On my home system, I removed all of them except the exphy that my dc0 was using.

4. The hangs are triggered by a memory allocation routine from TCP/IP stack. No
further info.

Increasing NMBCLUSTERS didn't help for me..

My only real hang problems thus far have been pcvt or whatever related. IE, the console freezes 'cause I have a box on a KVM. I'll have to think about moving to current, to get wscons... How much of the tree do I have to rebuild if I build a CURRENT kernel?

Visit your host, monkey.org