[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Secure alternatives to BIND?
- To: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Secure alternatives to BIND?
- From: Philipp Buehler <lists_(_at_)_fips_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 17:12:50 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Reply-to: Philipp Buehler <lists_(_at_)_fips_(_dot_)_de>
On 12/02/2001, Kurth Bemis <kurth_(_at_)_usaexpress_(_dot_)_net> wrote Cc tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org:
> >Do you think $500 is enough for recovery from a compromised box?
> I must of missed the bind reward. oh wait - they didn't have one. what i
> saying is that the $500 reward isn't to help repair you system...its
Yes, I know that. Getting $500 for reviewing the whole code is no
> The djbdns code is small, with under 7000 instructions. In contrast, BIND 9
> has nearly 100000 (not 10000) instructions.
No features, no codelines. Your point being?
Last reply to this. I am sorry to have started a holy war [again].
Philipp Buehler, aka fips | sysfive.com GmbH | BOfH | NUCH | <double-p>
#1: We are Luser of Borg...<whine> the assimilator doesn't wooooork </whine>
#2: Already had buzzword confuseritis ?