Re: Three questions: Date for OBSD 2.9, SMP, and Alpha

There is a new OpenBSD release every 6 months. So 2.9
will be out in july. Not sure about SMP, or the
security risks involved with that. Anybody wish to
clarify exactly what security risks there are in SMP?

I would love to see SMP in OpenBSD, then I could get a
nice little dual celeron box. I would think that since
OpenBSD is concerned mostly with the server market,
that support for bigger machines (i.e. multi-processor
machines) But of course, with OpenBSD's reputation for
security, I wouldn't want a "feature" causing major
security problems.

Though, I have seen many interview with Theo talking
about SMP, and how he would like to see it in OpenBSD.

At least, one thing we can be happy about with
OpenBSD, is that it runs efficiently on slower i386
machines.

BluNereid