bsd from scratch

I thought this post might be more applicable to this list than misc.  I
apologize if it is not.  I looked though the archives and searched
google/bsd and didn't find much info about what I want to do.  A few
months back I followed the Linux From Scratch HOWTO and built linux from
source.  I would like to do something similar with OpenBSD source.  What
I thought I would do is follow the LFS HOWTO as closely as I can and
take a look at PicoBSD to get a sense of the least amount of "packages"
I will need to have a working system and build from there.

I'm sure this has been done many times.  My question is -- Does anyone
out there have notes or documentation on building a system in this way?
If so I would love to see it.  I was thinking of writing a HOWTO as I go
along, assuming I can actually get it done, but I don't want to be
reinventing the wheel here.  Any advice would be appreciated.  I'm not
subscribed to this list so if you could cc me I would be grateful.
Thanks,
kent

"Neurosis is the way of avoiding non-being by avoiding being."
- Paul Tillich, American theologian (1886-1965).

Visit your host, monkey.org