Re: Video card issues

Part of the problem here is that the phrase "not configured", while technically
accurate, leads to confusion. I can see why, especially if there is no explicit
comment about it in the FAQ (I've never looked).

I would suggest the addition of something like " (X does this later)" in the message.

There is another comment that like this already in the probe code.  The line

  "pciide0: channel 0 ignored (other hardware responding to address)"

helps, I think.

I think it would help cut down the number of questions like this.

--STeve Andre'

At 04:04 PM 7/27/00 +0200, Artur Grabowski wrote:
"Paul Tamas" <paul_(_at_)_fizio_(_dot_)_umft_(_dot_)_ro> writes:

> What about this error
> message : "ATI Technologies Rage Pro" rev 0x5c at pci1 dev 0 function 0
> not configured ? How do I 'configure' the video card ?

Maybe we should make a driver that will match all video cards that are
supported by XFree86 and have an empty attach function. That way we won't
need to see mails like this.

//art