Re: Video card issues

Part of the problem here is that the phrase "not configured", while technically
accurate, leads to confusion. I can see why, especially if there is no explicit
comment about it in the FAQ (I've never looked).

I would suggest the addition of something like " (X does this later)" in the message.

There is another comment that like this already in the probe code.  The line

  "pciide0: channel 0 ignored (other hardware responding to address)"

helps, I think.

I think it would help cut down the number of questions like this.

--STeve Andre'

At 04:04 PM 7/27/00 +0200, Artur Grabowski wrote:
"Paul Tamas" <paul_(_at_)_fizio_(_dot_)_umft_(_dot_)_ro> writes:

> What about this error
> message : "ATI Technologies Rage Pro" rev 0x5c at pci1 dev 0 function 0
> not configured ? How do I 'configure' the video card ?

Maybe we should make a driver that will match all video cards that are
supported by XFree86 and have an empty attach function. That way we won't
need to see mails like this.

Visit your host, monkey.org