Re: your mail

Wrong. Typically, I would support the FQDN and not permit usage of
rcmd_(_dot_)_hostname_(_at_)_realm against my machines at all! I would not need it.
Furthermore, if you aren't interested in the FQDN, don't use it and
nothing is different than the way it is now.

> On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Bob Beck wrote:
>
> > >it does require two keys, if you want to support both naming schemes.
> >
> > 	Why on earth would you want to do this for one host? it doesn't
> > make any sense. Typically you would use one or the other.
>
> typically, you would use the key named rcmd_(_dot_)_hostname_(_at_)_realm_(_dot_)_
>
> but if you wanted to also support the proposed scheme using the FQDN of
> the host, you'd have to add a key for that instance - or replace the old
> one, at the expense of compatibility with existing krb4 implementations,
> as was noted.
>
> -d.
>
> ---
> http://www.monkey.org/~dugsong/

Antoine Verheijen                  Email: Antoine_(_dot_)_Verheijen_(_at_)_UAlberta_(_dot_)_CA
CNS Network Services               Phone: (403) 492-9312
University of Alberta              Fax:   (403) 492-1729

Visit your host, monkey.org