[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
2.7 Install Problem (Adaptec 2940UW time out)
- To: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: 2.7 Install Problem (Adaptec 2940UW time out)
- From: "Gilles CHERIX" <gcx_(_at_)_bluewin_(_dot_)_ch>
- Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 11:31:55 CEST
- Reply-to: gcx_(_at_)_bluewin_(_dot_)_ch
I've experienced a strange problem when trying to install the brand new
The box I want to install on is a SCSI config based on a 2940UW adaptec
controller, two harddisks (IBM and Western Digital) and a NEC CD drive.
When I boot from the cd or from a boot floppy it hangs saying something
like that :
ahc1 board isn't responding
SCB 0x1d - timed out in Status Phase
it worked fine with 2.6 though.
I found out that if I disable the "wide sync" for these three devices
the adaptec bios, it can boot.
I'm just asking why it doesn't boot and if there's a way to fix it
cleanly (and if not what is the loss of performance I can expect with
"wide sync" disabled).
Thanks very much
Visit your host, monkey.org