gcc update

gcc has just been updated to a more recent approximation of its stable
branch (gcc 2.95.3 pre-release, as of may 27).

You might run into problems if you're unlucky (say, if cvs update occurred
during an intermediate point).

Otherwise, apart from /usr/lib/gcc-lib contents saying 2.95.3, this change
shouldn't be very visible (except for fixing some bugs).

The correct way to update is to first
cd /usr/src/gnu/egcs/gcc
make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper obj
make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper clean
make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper depend
make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper
make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper install
make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper clean
make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper depend
make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper
make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper install
(yes, twice)
before running the normal make build.

The libraries shouldn't need any specific precaution for the update.

(Actually, I think the above procedure to be over-cautious, and a few
iterations of `make build' should get you to a stable state quick, but
one is never too cautious.

Oh yes, these patches fix a few bugs, which might or might not affect
your code.
--
	Marc Espie